TSE-Work Ahead provides services for individuals with developmental disabilities who have a history of sexual offense or sexually inappropriate behavior. Though not all people served at this site fit this description, every person is provided a level of supervision that reflects the intensive supports necessary to keep the community and these individuals safe.
While Work Ahead provides Community Employment, In-house Production Work, and other services available at all TSE service sites, the following distinguish the Work Ahead environment:
- 100% eyes-on supervision
- special attention to appropriate personal, physical and emotional boundaries
- collaboration with Adult Day Treatment services that provide:
- Sex offender therapy for adults with developmental and other disabilities
- an interdisciplinary team approach that is especially focused on inter-provider communication and consistency and on the safety of the person and the community
- part-time scheduling available coordinated with each person’s therapy schedule
Due to the histories of the majority of the people served at TSE-Work Ahead, this program is segregated from people served at other TSE services sites. This includes TSE Transportation services as well.